Thursday, June 14, 2007

Run Away? Run Away!

          by Torin

The Thursday PAG hunt was a Metz Rain Forest trip, expedited by Org du Lac.

If you hunt in challenging places, the question of when to run away comes up again and again. In retrospect, it's interesting to see what people choose. Take a look at the sketches below and think about what you would do — retreat or hold steady.



As it turned out, we "stayed the course" in the first situation with the three Haremaus. I had just been raised and was vulnerable, so I was ready to bolt if the word had been given. However, two of the Haremaus were already wounded, so there was no need to fall back.

The second sketch shows a tight spot that always seems to give a good fight. With half of our fighters down, I figured we couldn't survive for long. That time, we did retreat, though making it to the exit (where Org du Lac was standing) was tricky for some.


In this final sketch, we did indeed retreat. Unfortunately for me, the safe spot was a treetop by the river. I fell in and was carried away by the current, so that was the end of the hunt for me. Shakyamuni later told me that the others didn't stay that much longer. Anyway, I had a great time.

OWE present: Hunter, J'jh, Shakyamuni, Torin, and Yor.

P.S. 10 extra credit points go to the first reader who can spot Manx in the last sketch.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 17, 2007 at 8:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manx is just below Azriel obscured by the bush.

Yor

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home