Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ethereal Forge

          by Torin

The Open Hunt went to the Ethereal Forge. I had heard people saying they wanted to go there, and I figured it would be a nice change of scenery, to keep the Open Hunt from getting stale. I advertised the trip with Koppi and the Sentinel, so we got a record turnout -- 32 people. I was especially happy to see Polgara, who hadn't been in the lands for a long time!


We started at the Dal'noth kyuem. I thought that a portal from there could be lured, but I was mistaken. The first Ethereal Plane snell was heavily occupied by ethereal creatures and undine. With a few healers alternating as a runner, we eventually captured the snell.

The next snell, our destination, was relatively easy. We spent a lot of time waiting for people to make their items inside the Forge. Some mystics wanted to make a side trip to the Ethereal Tower, but after some consideration, it seemed like a bad idea to me. People hadn't come for a Tower trip, and the risk was substantial. Even if we had reached the Tower itself, leaving via Portal Island would have been impossible because of two stronger-than-usual Greater Deaths that had foiled Purple Haze's EP trip yesterday.


Many thanks to everyone who attended, and especially to Asenath, who made it possible for us to go via Noth.

OWE present: Creed, Eli, Noivad, Polgara, Torin, and (inducted right after the hunt) Cammie.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 10, 2009 at 12:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww -- thanks Torin! I had a great time and hope to be able to come more often! :-)

 
At January 10, 2009 at 3:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I regret i couldn't attend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home