Sunday, October 26, 2008

LA's Book 2 Trip

          by Torin

Inu Teisei and Laughing Academy organized an open trip to Pathfinding Book 2. It was well attended and turned out to be a great success. I was a little worried at first because we were missing most of the hard hitters we had last time (way back in March). We did have some close calls, but Mujin-kun, a few rangers who had studied webber noids, and a couple of blood bladers filled the offensive power role nicely. Blackhole did a great job in leading the group.


I mostly stayed toward the rear and helped with the occasional backspawn, or reinforced the front line when the fighting got heavy. I was happy to have some opportunities to practice my stonegirdle technique. The sketch below makes me look more important than I actually was. The noids lost interest in me after only a couple of seconds, and then Mujin-kun squashed them. However, my timing was good, and my judgment can only improve with practice.


Many thanks to everyone involved for a fun time!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 11, 2008 at 5:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't quite a great success. It was led well by Blackhole and having 3 mystics to port was impressive and that the group made the trip certainly worth celebrating! However two exiles were left behind by an unfortunate incident in porting (we mystic may have learned something from that) as well as some additional exiles who were rendered too fallen by someone chaining them into more webs after they'd been moved already to safety (Why Dongle? Why?) - so some of those exiles (one being myself) who were looking forward to making the book 2 could not be raised and departed. Alas. Still impressive! Gives me hope I may make it to the end one day. I've only been able to attend a few trips due to my schedule. Thanks for the opportunity.

 
At November 11, 2008 at 8:14 PM , Blogger Torin said...

Was it Dongle who chained you? I saw Baffina chain you and Dongle right next to J'jh while she was rodding. I chalked that up to inexperience. Unfortunate, but people new to an area (or webbing noids in general, I guess) will make mistakes. :-(

 
At November 12, 2008 at 5:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that one: Baffina grabbed me and then heading NE ran into J'jh. J'jh fell but then she was raised while Baffina fell. Then myself, Baffina, Maeght, and Dongle and... Ansset were chained to safety out of the way over >>>>. Dongle got raised first. Dongle (while yellow, he didn't move away and didn't get healed all the way) proceeded to chain us... ouch. I guess he saw webs heading towards him and thought he might try to move us all, but until he was healed he was a magnet. Once one web got him stuck, we were done for. In retrospect, we didn't need to be healed yet perhaps, i don't know. Healers bumping around into us while webs were flying all over was a bit nervous to watch.

But it was an opportunity and I did appreciate that for once i could make the trip and contribute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home